Stewardship at The Barn
On Sunday 6 November 2016 we held a special service at The Barn to encourage people to reflect on their contributions to our church – both financial and of time and talents – and to see if they could give a little more.
The Barn has a wonderful history and is a great centre of community in Kew and we want that to continue – but we need everyone’s help.
Here is the presentation delivered at the service which explains the background to this stewardship appeal. Stewardship Presentation.
We hope that congregation members will be inspired to get more involved in activities of the church as volunteers and that those who can will join our regular planned giving scheme. We believe that this is the easiest and most efficient way to give money to The Barn for the following reasons:
- Once it is set up, you can forget about it. No scrabbling for loose change for the collection plate on a Sunday
- If you’re a UK taxpayer we may be able to get gift aid on your donation which will make it worth 25% more at no cost to you
- If we know that money’s coming in we can plan and budget more easily
You can join planned giving by:
- signing up online, which you can do here
- setting up a standing order with your bank (you may find this form useful)
- using weekly envelopes
- doing ‘Give As You Earn’ straight from your workplace/salary – please email our Gift Aid Secretary, Alison, if you would like more information about this, which you can do here: email@example.com
If you would like to make a contribution to The Barn or increase your existing contribution please fill in our pledge form. This should be returned to The Gift Aid Secretary, c/o The Parish Office, St Luke’s Church, The Avenue, Kew. TW9 2AJ.