Distinguished and highly respected artist, Diana Armfield, has again in collaboration with Arts Richmond agreed to sponsor a Drawing Competition to encourage artists aged 16 years and upwards to draw from observation (i.e. from observing actual 3 dimensional forms and objects). It is in memory of her husband, Bernard Dunstan, another eminent artist, who sadly died recently at the age of 97. Both Diana and Bernard were well-known Royal Academicians for very many years and were members of prestigious Art Societies.
Arts Richmond is offering a prize of £250 to the winner, who will also be allowed to keep one of her beautiful framed drawings for a year.
Diana wishes to encourage artists to draw directly from life, not from photographs or by using devices or other means. The details of the competition are as follows:-
1.The drawing must be in monochrome in pen,pencil,ink or charcoal.
2.Each drawing must measure no more than 508 x 406mm (20″ x 16″)
3.All entries must be drawings from observation without the use of photographs. Entrants will be required to sign a statement to that effect.
4.Maximum of three drawings per person
5. Narrow mounts are permitted but not necessary. Each drawing and mount,if used,should have a thin cardboard backing and be covered in clear plastic as if it would go in a browser.
6.Please put a label on the back with your surname ,title and price if you would like to sell it.
7.Framed work not accepted or work on canvas.
8. All entrants must be 16 years of over.
9. One prize of £250 will be awarded to the winner. A further prize will be awarded to a runner up if there is a close contender.
10. A Panel of Judges will select the finalists.
11. Diana Armfield RA NEAC, will select the winner herself.
12. Deadline for entries is Monday 3rd July 2020
13. All drawings must be brought to ETNA Community Centre Arts Richmond Room 21 13 Rosslyn Road Twickenham TW1 2AR
Monday 21st June to Saturday 3rd July between 9.30am and 12.30pm
An Exhibition will be held at The Barn Church Kew, 41 Atwood Ave Richmond TW9 4HF Between 10th July to 18th July private view/prize giving Thursday TBC
It is open to everyone in the borough over the age of 16 years – if you or anyone you know wishes to enter, please get in touch with the Arts Richmond office for further details and an entry form.
Phone: 020 8892 9446